Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Media

Teens from different culturals expressing their thoughts on New Media!!!




Something that I understood
“I argue that these new media phenomena are symptomatic and illustrative of both technological affordances and larger socio-cultural trends.” I agree, the media is slowly taking over the world. This can be problematic, but it has become such a norm. I’m not sure people see the problem with “phatic communications”. Speaking from experience “platic communication” is everywhere and sometimes I often feel like I’m addicted to this way of life. Something that I find myself always doing is the social networking. “A disembedded intersubjectivity which contrasts the belonging of community with the concept of integration and distegration in a network.” These days I don’t even talk on the phone anymore, I feel like the days of getting to no someone by phone conversation and interaction are over. Now a days it seems like u meet someone and get to no them though text messaging and if u really want to get to no them u request them on FACKBOOK ?? that’s crazy.

Something I didn’t understand
Some of the wording in the passages was very big words and I can’t always follow. But I do feel like I got a good idea of what the passages were talking about.

Connections
There was a strong connection between the (comings of age with the Internet) “the experience of personal development through online media use was primarily positive. Some saw it as a natural and necessary part of human evolution: I think people were born to enjoy interactivity and love communicating interactively.” (Coming of age with the internet pg. 80) I feel like this statement can also apply to this passage.

0 comments: