Tuesday, April 13, 2010

GLEE




Something that I understood
This was my first time ever seeing this TV show; I really don’t know how I feel about it. As I watched it there are some very in your face stereotypes and gender roles for example:

· The dumb cheerleaders
· The perfect White Female
· The very sensitive gay male
· The big black loud/mad African American Female
· The handicap person who is labeled as “different” before he even opens his mouth.

This is nothing NEW to TV although I’m sure we have all seem these stereotypes before. I some how feel like this TV show is not all bad. YES! The stereotypes and the gender roles are very annoying and played out. I feel like some how this TV show is doing something a little different then what we are used to seeing. Some how I feel like there bring everyone together at the end. Overcoming the stereotypes/gender roles and working together as an team, spite there differences.

Something I didn’t understand
I feel like I understood everything.

Connections!!!
stereotypes as seen by the teens in a local high school in Missoula, teens tell it through their opinions.



0 comments: